My husband and both kids always have cold cereal and milk for breakfast on weekdays (Cheerios or granola). I usually have old-fashioned oatmeal with fruit (allergic to milk). I put 1/2 cup of oatmeal in a bowl with one cup of water and throw whatever frozen fruit I have on hand in (mixed berries, peaches, etc - I buy them in bags). Everyone now and then I'll put in a little brown sugar. Then I microwave for 5 minutes on 50% power. Today was oatmeal with peaches - quick, healthy and really inexpensive.
My husband (DH) typically takes a sandwich or wrap to work for lunch. Sometimes we'll do a salad, but that requires cleaning and keeping up with a plastic container to bring home. He usually prefers to take a paper bag and just throw it away. I have switched him to nitrate/nitrite free lunch meats, and I've been making him subs on wheat bread with natural ham, dry salami (naturally cured), cheese, lettuce/spinach and a little olive oil and red wine vinegar (that was today's lunch).
Here are our other meals for the day:
Lunch:
Shannon (me) - green salad with n/n free ham and 2 slices crumbled bacon (I'm really trying to switch turkey for ham and I usually do not have bacon)
6 1/2 year old daughter (J) - she eats cafeteria lunch one or twice a week and takes lunch the other days. She did eat at the cafeteria today - corn dog babies, carrots, s/f jello, sugar cookie and milk (ick).
3 1/2 year old daughter (G) - eats at daycare each day. I don't have this week's menu, so no idea.
Dinner:
DH: green salad w/red wine vinaigrette dressing, shrimp creole and brown rice.
Me: roasted carrots (olive oil, s&p), shrimp creole and brown rice, u/s black tea (I drink u/s tea all day - it's rare I have anything else, except maybe water close to bedtime)
Both girls: brown rice, red pepper strips, applesauce (no sugar added), tangerine, skim milk
It seems like I made a lot of different dinners, but I didn't. I make a big salad most weeks (lettuce, baby spinach, peppers, shredded carrots, red cabbage, cucumbers) and he ate the last of it. I was just in the mood for roasted carrots, so made those just for me. The shrimp creole was not done in time for girls' dinner, so they just had the rice (and were fine with that). I had left over pepper strips and wanted to get some vegetables in them. This dinner sounds a lot more complex than it was:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.